About This Club

This is a GROUP intended just for ADVANCED Roleplayers. Here, we can invite fellow advanced roleplayers in joining our roleplays and discuss RP ideas. This does NOT replace the RP Recruitment. The purpose of this Group is to ensure that all roleplayers in our roleplays are experienced people so that we can maintain the best quality in our Roleplays. REQUIREMENTS (For Joining): 1.) NO one-liners. 2.) Members can be Group Roleplayer, OnexOne Roleplayer or BOTH 3.) Must be confident with their grammar. 4.) Has roleplayed in YO for more than one (1) month. 5.) Has joined more than five (5) roleplays. 6.) Has not displayed bad attitude in their roleplays prior to joining. 7.) Has no history of ALWAYS abandoning roleplays 8.) Can reply roleplays in a set amount of time. RULES (For Members) 1.) No spamming 2.) Do not be rude 3.) Speak in English NOTES: Members who displays rude attitude in their RP will be kicked out.
  1. What's new in this club
  2. Hey there I'm M-jow or called Misaki ^^ I live in the small country Danmark and are twenty-two years old. I have been Rping for little over a year and I got into it when I was bedridden for half a year with a broken back (though I'm find now^^) My gramma is at the point where I would say better than okay and I know the drifferences between (They're and Their ect) But I'm still much more confident in my own language >v< (who isn't) I mostly play uke but havde started at the path to play seke too, which with the right story I have found so much more exciting, but funny enough I can't play Seme -_- Types of plays: well I wouldn had said everything but I not doing mpreg, potty play or uhappy endings. My first couple of rps was silence live, but I learned that I needed some twist to keep the thing exciting and not end up dead in boredom.
  3. InkompleteWish

Roleplay Idea Hub

Yes, they can be quite interesting. There can also be a lot of plot if you play it right.
  4. I have been craving an apocalyptic Rp so badly, xD.
  5. StainedCrimson

Roleplay Idea Hub

You could either do two rivaling samurai who eventually have to join together to go defeat either an invading army or have to go save a lord or the emperor (they can either be from rival houses/lords or just be rivals who serve the same lord). Another option could be either a Rounin or a samurai (perhaps a wanderer or dishonored one) stumble upon a conflict where a person is being attacked or find them beaten nearly to death and decides to intervene and help. The two then form a partnership or contract of service initially, but then as time goes on an attraction forms and builds into a relationship.
  6. http://www.yaoiotaku.com/forums/threads/19578-zombies-box-of-roleplays If you'd like, always toss a glance into here I'll add more plots when I think of them. The themes are various, aaand the plots can be combined ^^
  7. InkompleteWish

Roleplay Idea Hub

I would be interested in a 'historic' rp. In the time where samurai's lived in Edo and Rounin were searching for their cause......or something. I would really be interested in such an rp but i am missing an actual plot. Does someone have an idea?
  8. Found someone! Roleplay Name: Life after a catastrophe (still not sure if i will name the rp thread that) Roleplay Type: Group Theme: Action, Suvival and a bit of fantasy (you will see why when you read my first post) and of course drama Numbers of RPer: 3 Available Spot: 1 spot free (preferable seke or seme but can be uke) Link
  9. I'm Sosuke0549 Live in the USA, in the sun-shine-state. If you know where that is. I usually play Seme or Uke, I've tried Seke but..eh.. I do one-one Rp's and Group Rp's I'll try any type of rp- except slice of life. Tho I can make exceptions. But I tend to get very bored when there's no demons, vampires, zombies, fairies and etc. I just need a lot if excitement in my rp. Some magic~ I've been rp's for about...2 years? And I'm a high school student too. 16 years old...for now.
  10. Well, i usually don't like to either but i guess everyone has to start. If they are new and don't know things yet, i might consider starting an rp to give them a chance to get better. But i usually don't like it. It's just short and not really fufilling. I do get stuck with writers block now and then so my post's might be shorter but i at least try to make them as long as possible to give the other player something to reply too. But if i get only one liners then the rp is as good as dead i suppose. So in short, i might start one with a beginner to 'teach' them how a rp works but i won't do one with someone that only favours one liners (cause he is to lazy to write more or something). But i will only start one if i can read the post, since i am not born english i have sometimes trouble to solve the puzzles of sentences i get. XD So one liners are okay for beginners but with decent english at least.
  11. Since I'm not the choosy type, I actually just match it up with my partner. If he does one-liners, I will respect it. BUT it doesn't mean that I like replying with One-Liners. It actually feels empty since you can't describe everything that you want to say just by writing a mere line. I usually prefer 2-3 paragraphs, but having one paragraph with at least 4-5 sentences is also enough for me. I can take one-liners for a reply, but my own reply will never be one-liners. Also, roleplaying with asterisk is just.. annoying, so I guess one-liners is fine, just no asterisks. xD
  12. No. If the other party has been making an effort or doing well and slips up once or twice, I'll notify them to add more or say that I won't respond to a one-liner since typically there's not enough to respond to. I'll give everyone I rp with at least one free pass, but if it gets continuous or feels like I'm carrying the rp and doing it by myself, I drop the rp.
  13. Like the title suggest, what are the difference of a Group RP and a One on one RP? Of course, not just in a literal manner.
  14. I really cannot rp with one liners. Like most everyone else here has been saying, it's hard to come up with a response and I like to enjoy writing up a response, not having to find it to be a chore. And with one liners, i find it to be a chore to come up with a decent response. I also like to feel proud of what I've written, and think it's good, because it helps myself on becoming a better writer and rp partner. Another thing i enjoy about rps, is reading the responses. So, if I get a response of one line, i feel disappointed, and like its a waste of time. I like to develop, and read a story thats created between rp partners. That doesn't really happen with one liners. One line is enough for a character to say something, so, therefore, an rp consisting of just one liners, turns more into a script, than a well developed and enjoyable story.
  15. Well, hey~ The name's Bella, though I seem to have a few nicknames already... Most seem to disregard the fact that it isn't Bell, but Bella. I don't ring... Anyway, I'm a girl, I live in Lithuania (No, not Russia, not Poland, not anything else. Lithuania. Baltics. Europe.) and, as you probably can see, I really dislike it when someone mistakes my country after I tell them what it is. Um, I'm comfortable with either uke or seme, though in the past I used to rp as only uke ^^" I'm open for almost anything, except for bara, shota, futuristic rps (I fail at these x.x) and family relationships (As in, dad x son, brother x brother and so on). I really like mpreg though, and I'm always up for it :3 Well, nice meeting you all~
  16. I would, actually ^^" Some of my roleplays are really short, and I like to keep them that way. It's good to have those kinds, especially if you want to rest from having to type out long replies. I suppose I like both ways~ Well, I mean, unless the one-liner is literaly one line, or even less... Though then I usually give up and just kind of smash in a few words, just to be the same. I always mirror my partner's reply's length, so... Yeah.
  17. Hello, my name is Keru-chan but you can call me whatever you want XD Well I'm a girl and I live in Sweden, have roleplayed for a couple of years now and is a rather hardcore yaoi and Shounen Ai fan~ Most of the time I rp as Uke since I feel more, comfortable in that position but I have also roleplayed as Seme a few times. Actually I don't really have any dislikes or likes regarding rp themes which also means I'm open for...yeah everything Nice to meet ya~ o3o
  18. Hi, names InkompleteWish. Please call me whatever you like but I usually go with Ink. I am a female (surprise) and live in Germany, in Bavaria precisely. I started role playing when I was around 16 and only in a small format, commonly known as Chicken Smoothie (yes, there was an rp section there). And I mostly joined the animal rps since I love (and still do) animals and I was fascinated on the lives of animals. Though they were rps, most are kept at least most of the time 'realistic'. I only joined human rps after a certain amount of time and then only on themed sites (like a One Piece RP site). I got interested in yaoi or shounen ai, when I watched Junjou Romantica for the first time. At first I was actually a bit scared......since it wasn't something I knew but I easily accepted it and am now a big fan. So yeah, I have been role playing for a while in both English and German but I must say that I still have a long way to go. I can make my posts more detailed in German and am now working on it in English here on this site. So I might fail but everyone learns from their mistakes after all. I love the English language so I am sometimes better in it then my mother tongue......though I still got some mistakes here and there. Especially with the comma placement. In German we love dividing our sentences with commas so I unconsciously do it in English too. But no worries, I am working on it (wait....I just placed another one). I love almost every theme; I don't have much I am against. I usually don't like shota that much though or overly sweet, lovey-dovey times of rps. It can never be too hard to get someone to love you after all. XD Though I got a few themes were I am not that experienced yet. For example BDSM or some thriller or horror or some stuff. I usually stick to the usual stuff but filled with lots of drama and now and then a bit everyday life or something. I am mostly an uke since I don't have much experience as a seme but I actually like that position more anyway. I have work to do in the week so I am sometimes too tired to rp at the evening so I usually shove it to the weekends. But I try to reply as fast as possible and I get after a few days of no notice a bit impatient when someone doesn't reply. I don't want anyone to hate me (what? I am a bit insecure okay?) so I favour the opinions others have of me and thus I am a bit reluctant to actually bump a thread or remind someone it's their turn. After all I am sometimes really busy too and can't reply so I fully understand. Real life is more important after all. So I am always hesitating a bit when someone doesn't reply so I favour someone who at least writes that he can't reply for a certain amount of time. I also try to tell you if I will be gone after all. Uhm, yeah I guess I am done here? It's already to long so I will stop here. If someone got questions just ask. Bye bye.
  19. You want to Roleplay but you do not have any idea what to post in the Recruitment Thread? Talk with your fellow Advanced Roleplayer here. You may discuss the genre, initial plot and so forth. When you have finally gotten your initial plot, make a recruitment thread or directly post it in the RP Arena. However, do not recruit here. We have the appropriate places in the group - the One on One Roleplay Recruitment Huband the Group Roleplay Recruitment Hub.
  20. _________________ [ROLEPLAYING TIPS] *Research when you have to. Some roleplays are rather complicated. Some are based on an anime, novel, manga, games, T.V series and the likes. When you roleplay such things, try to research. You do not have to watch/read the whole thing. Read a summary. Wiki always helped me when I need to research. However, you may read/watch if you want too. *Do NOT think you are an author writing about a character. I don't know how other roleplayers do this. But when I roleplay, I personify my role. I think the way the character thinks. I act the way the character acts. That's why biography and personality is a must in my roleplay. *If you are doing the second tip, then please moderate the number of characters you take. It's good to play one character solely. But sometimes, it can't be helped but play two or three. However, doing more will stress your brain. It's like forcing yourself to have a split personality. Such cases make roleplayers lose interest. *Don't keep a particular sex scene too long. It's very much easy to lose interest from here on. For example. For doing a blow job, dont take a whole page only for the blowjob. You do not have to respond per blow right? You still have other sex scenes to do! This is my personal opinion, but Sex scenes must be direct to the point. Do not further explain the scenario more than needed. Focus on the sex scene without looking too rushed. I don't like it when I think "Come on, when will he cum?" *Do not pester your roleplay partner too much. It's enough to remind your roleplay partner once... or twice. If he is a responsible roleplayer, then not replying means he has something more important to do. Remember this... WE ROLEPLAY FOR PLEASURE, NOT FOR PRESSURE. *Take your time. Do not rush your roleplay. Just because someone is pestering you doesn't mean you have to reply that very moment. Take your time thinking. Rushing makes you lose interest instead. *Try getting out of your comfort zone and broaden your horizons. I know people have preferences. But it doesn't hurt to try. Try other genres you have not played yet. From there you can truly decide whether you will roleplay that genre or not. I assure you that the roleplays I do not do are something I have done before... and either disgusted me or didn't interest me. *Don't be too much of a grammar nazi. Typos happen. Tolerate such little things. But if it gets too excessive you may warn your partner. *Communicate with your roleplay partner outside the roleplay.... if. you. have. to. I don't mean, you need to plan all of the things ahead. Just talk some ideas without spoiling the roleplay. A roleplay must maintain its unpredictability to maintain interest. What I meant was... try talking out what you think. If your partner god-mods, then tell him without being too rude. It is not good to abandon a roleplay without telling your partner why. *Observe QUALITY MORE THAN QUANTITY. As long as you do not post one, two, three or four lines, you can keep your responses short. DO not post long replies when not needed. Long replies usually happen during group roleplays since you have so much to respond. For one on one roleplay , that happens when you have to tell a back-story of your character, when you have a moment... or etc. However, keep in mind not to overstretch your point. That makes your response too redundant, dull and uninteresting. My ideal one on one RP response is one or two paragraph with seven - twelve sentences. For Group RP it's ten to twenty. It depends on the number of roleplayers and the number of.... err... let's say "Action Flags" you have to respond to. If I respond lower.. I. am. losing. my. interest. but. i. am. being. a. good. little. tetsu. to. keep. going. teehee~<3 *Have fun. NOTE: The above mentioned TIPS are what I observe alone. So it happens that some people may disagree with me.
  21. I would not as well. You guys get my point. Another thing; roleplaying with one liners makes your roleplay responses dull and lifeless. Since there's not much to respond to, you will have to think of ideas to put in your roleplay so that you will reach your personal quota. That's troublesome. You get stuck, and without you knowing it, you're actually becoming a one liner yourself. So yes, it's infectious.
  22. I'm Teesie, not Tessie. Many get that mixed up but it doesn't really bother me. I am at the age of 19. I am also male. I am quite new with roleplaying seeing as I have only had months of training. However, I am not new to writing at all. Every since I was a kid, I have been writing in the form of a play. Yes, so narrative writing is a bit new to me as well. If anything, I got my skills from just reading other's stories. I can do much better than I am performing, but sometimes I find it a drag to replace all my simple words with vocabulary goodness. Lol, I know I sound silly so don't take that as advice. Haha I guess I'm into mostly all themes, except for bestiality I suppose. I also don't enjoy the idea of water sports, even when I am writing a slave rp. -shrugs- Hm, don't look at me with disgust. I'm guilty of not knowing what some themes are, so I'll have to get myself into gear and read more manga or something. Lol That is it.
  23. I wouldn't even try; although I would like to just set up a hypothesis. Could you roleplay with a one-liner?! I mean, how can that even work? Hm. Back to the main question, no I wouldn't roleplay with a one liner. I think of myself as a leech that feeds off of my partner's writing skills. If I was to be in such a situation, I don't know how I would even begin to reply. Plus, taking my time to vomit up such a good reply (XD Lol) and I was responded to with one line, I wouldn't feel appreciated. I'd possible be pissed. ^~^'
  24. There should always be a choice to choose from. Its not enjoyable if you have to pick one path and stick with it. (I've seen this done before. I have also been a victim of said problem.) Also, I never think a continuing of actions could be fun either. Well, not if your partner isn't able to react to them. (Augh! Such annoyance)
  25. I would not. Simply because as role-players, we build off of what we are given and add in our character's reaction and actions. It's extremely difficult to role-play with one-liners. For me, it's a sure fire way of making me lose interest and dropping out of a Role-Play because the way I see it, if I'm going to take the time to write a good post as a response, I expect the same in return. It doesn't have to be a novel post. Just... Something more than a one-liner that I can work with.
  26. My name is Burned, but I would prefer if people called me Burn for short. I'm twenty-one years old and I've been Role-Playing since I was thirteen. Granted, it was on and off for quite a while, but it all started out as battle style Role-play where detailed and scientific strategies combined with magic, were the main focus. Later on, I became interested in other styles and moved on from there. I'm a Seme just in case you didn't guess. -Grin.- As far as role-plays are concerned, I refuse to do any Shota or Furry. I prefer darker themed role-plays with well thought out plots simply because I like to be able to control my character any way I want, but also have a goal to reach so no one will get side tracked from the actual story or drag it along. Due to life in general, I have many things going on recently so I must apologize if my responses are slow. I do not mean for them to be but life comes first. I trust you understand, so until things settle down, my replies may not be as quick as one would like. With that said, I shall add that it will annoy me greatly when role-players bug endlessly for a post.

YaoiOtaku is a friendly community that has a lot to offer when it comes to everything yaoi - manga series, DJs, oneshots, anime, yaoi RPs and plenty of BL discussion topics.

Make sure to also check:

Yaoi Manga

KPop Profiles

Yaoi Dj

Manga Lotus