002. Constructing a Character

aominecchi

002. CONSTRUCTING A CHARACTER

I. Giving Your Characters A Shape

If you think you are done creating your character, by simply choosing a picture and a name you are very mistaken. Just like in a book, your characters need to feel 'alive' in RP as well. How they are fleshed out, it solely depends on you. But worry not! I am here to help you. Oh, and, while you are at it, please do check out the lovely

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
by
Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
. I know you love further reading :D

Anyway, as I was saying, your characters are not empty husks. They have a name, a family and a past. They have quirks, fears and preferences. Flaws and advantages. Their morality cannot be black or white, negative or positive, good or bad. Give your characters a life. Surround them with evidence of their past, present, and future. Everyday things that happen to them make them human. They should argue with their parents, forget a friend’s birthday, and hope everyone will forget theirs. They stub their toes, drop cell phones in water, and lose car keys. All of this must happen while they’re dealing with other people. The reader must see characters as real people.

How you do that?

Well, duh. Obviously you have to think of the basics.

Name:

Date of Birth (& age):

Place of Birth:

Species/Racial Origin:

Social Class/Community Status:

Then, you start giving shape to your character.

Height:

Weight:

Hair:

Eyes:

Distinguishing Features:

Typical Clothing/Equipment:

Last, they are not empty husks. Your characters have their own needs, preferences and fears.

Personality/Attitude:

Skills/Talents:

Favourites/Likes:

Most Hated/Dislikes:

Goals/Ambitions:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Fears:

Hobbies/Interests:

Religion/Beliefs:

Fetishes/Strange Behaviors:

Sexual Preference/Experience/Values:

Education/Special Training:

Past Occupations:

Please keep in mind that you don't actually have to think of all that. They simply serve as a guide, or perhaps an outline of how your character will interact with others.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aominecchi

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

YaoiOtaku is a friendly community that has a lot to offer when it comes to everything yaoi - manga series, DJs, oneshots, anime, yaoi RPs and plenty of BL discussion topics.

Make sure to also check:

Yaoi Manga

KPop Profiles

Yaoi Dj

Manga Lotus