Roleplaying Tips!

NicholiDeSchidor

More tips and tricks will be added on to this thread in the future. As soon as I am not brain dead enough and can think of more to add.

1. Plot:

Firstly, You need a plot (At least an idea of one). With roleplaying, you create the entire plot with a partner, or several people. So you do not need to have a full thought out plot, a starter will do just as good.

vvv Continued Below vvv

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NicholiDeSchidor

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Character:

Second, this is a must. You have to have a character. This is a bit obvious for most people, but you do not understand how many times I have been asked stupid questions. The bare minimum needed is: Name, Age, and desciption of what your character looks like. For the description, you can use an image of your character. If you wish to add more, I have made a basic list of what can be used in character profile here:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Although a name, age and description are bare minimum, many players (including myself) enjoy posting a short personality description or bio which serves as an introduction to the character. I recommend browsing other RPs on the forum to get a feel for what is usually required.

In the above example, you might post something like this:

[table=width: 600, class: outer_border, align: center]

[tr]

[td]Name: Julien Mostief

Appearance: {Insert picture here}

Bio: Julien is a difficult Neko. Having been sold off various time's to auctions from previous owner's. He find himself unable to be tamed by the ones that bought him. The tiger spirit within him wouldn't allow him to back down from any challenge that it saw fit. It was his curse, one for him to bare.

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

See? I cleverly stuck the plot in the mini bio.

I recommend that you have a pretty developed character in your head so that you know how he acts and responds to certain situations. But I do not recommend you put his entire history and personality down in the bio like some players like to do. The fun of an RP lies in discovering each other's characters along the way!

Remember, no character lives in isolation. You might be expected to play side characters, too.

3. A Partner

Now you have a plot (sort of) and a character (at least one). You'll need a parter (or multiple partners for a group RP). There is a section in each RP board on this forum called 'RP Recruitment'. In this section you can post a topic looking for partners. Describe what you're thinking of, what characters you'd like to have in the RP and which you will play.

For example:

[table=width: 600, class: outer_border, align: center]

[tr]

[td]Hello Everyone!

I had an idea for a human turned wolf idea involving a wolfen and a vampire coven. I will be playing the human/wolf and he will be the uke. For this one, I need a Wolfen Seme who has a soft side but isnt afraid to stand his ground!

I would like at least a paragraph per post, No one liners! Please pm me if interested so that we can discuss this more.[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

In the above example, the basic premise is shown, the roles/characters are discussed and the requirements are stated in very few words. You can be more elaborate if you like. Some players require and prefer literate partners (this means a few paragraphs at a time with a high standard of English language, spelling and grammar). If you require literate partners, always state this so you only get responses from those who are willing and able to make long replies.

That's about it. Once you find a partner, Make sure to put your roleplay up in the right section on the forum and have at it. :)

YaoiOtaku is a friendly community that has a lot to offer when it comes to everything yaoi - manga series, DJs, oneshots, anime, yaoi RPs and plenty of BL discussion topics.

Make sure to also check:

Yaoi Manga

KPop Profiles

Yaoi Dj

Manga Lotus