Which character can you relate to the most?

YuikiYaya

We love the series and one of the reasons is we see a part of ourselves reflected on the characters.

Now which of the characters you find you relate to the most and why?

I will start.

I see myself in Hiroki. I know what it's like to be subjected to the pressure his parents put upon him. The drive to succeed and being afraid to give up because you don't want to look like a quitter. It's very stressful to the point of exhaustion. But you persevere. I think we're both hard on ourselves the most and we're stubborn.

Like Hiroki, I've nursed an unrequited love. My first love even. It took me years to deal with it. And for a long time I thought that's all I will ever have. Until I met my own Nowaki. He's actually tall too. Very friendly like Nowaki and really loves me. We also had a whirlwind romance just like Hiroki and Nowaki and we're still together until now. ♥ For the first time I realized how great it is to love someone who loves you back..and maybe more. There is hope.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nena21

• aleliavc19

• kritika

• PRINCE_Z_E_T_A

From JR I think I'm more similar to Usagi :D When I'm in love I'm pretty possessive, protective and well, I love my partner a lot, I pretty much act like him towards Misaki :D

I feel more related to Nowaki, I always try to pursue any goal I know I must reach, even when is love-related. Most of the time, like Nowaki I must try very hard. I feel like him even when we talk about careers, I want always more, that's why I'm doing my 2nd degree, but like Hiroki, I always feel insecure & think he's going to dump me, unfortunately, I cannot move to another house, hehehe.

I think I relate most to Hiroki... like he was so head over heels for Usagi, but was onesided as well as Usagi never noticed, I was also like that... would act like a puppy and even after doing ridiculous things, such obvious things, even then I wasn't noticed... and I bet it was totally onesided anyways... bad memories... recent memories... me wants to go cry... excuse me ._.

I think I can relate to nowaki the most at the moment but thats only because I am starting college and I always try really hard to help other people (and always a bit naive on love). (also have a dream to make bucket pudding like he did in the manga >_<)

To Miyagi, how he was when first trying to deal with Shinobu's situation. When someone comes on to me so much to the extent that I'll snap (and it does take a lot for me to even loose my cool) I'll definitely do something extreme to make them hate me and get the hell away from me. I either beat them up or torture them with endless mindf*ckery instead of molesting them sexualy, though.

Also a bit to Usami, in the way that he can be either really serious and competent when dealing with something important or completely and utterly childish.

• 1 month later...

i relate to each character a bit only in different perspectives, but the one who i relate the most to is probably Usagi-San, i loved someone a lot but he kept me on the friend zone... then he got a girlfriend and i could no longer be with him...I'm possessive about my belongings, i love to write(especially yaoi stories), and my parents also doesn't give me much attention as my older sister gets so i'm kinda lonely except for my best friend who's always there for me... and also i'm a bit spoiled =^~^= i am also like the devil when i wake up, i like toys and especially teddy bears... oh and i'm a complete wacko XDD:hamtaro-005 (13):

I think it must be Hiroki. to be in love with a childhood friends who is with someone elles. I can many times be cold over for pepplo sometimes but is must them who love to play around with me for fun to piss me of OTL and I´m not so good to said "I love you" and I just doing my work

and I really love to read all my freinds story´s

• 2 weeks later...

I think I see myself as Misaki. Just like Misaki doesn't want to trouble his brother, I also don't like to trouble my family. If I have problems, I will solve it by myself (and only myself). I also don't like to ask for something, such as present or anything related, to them. I don't even ask for something for my birthday.

• 1 month later...

with usagi i know how it feels to be alone leaving in a world of fantasies or views different than others because people always tend to misunderstand you and i am also very possesive about things i love ...but i can also relate to misaki in a few ways

well i be like hiroki because of the pressure of school, work, family and all that stuff of getting ahead instead of waiting for an explanation but also im so possesive like usami that i think i have a mix personality

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, I would think that I could relate to both Usagi and Misaki in their own ways.

Usagi - I may look all strong and confident on the outside, and might be really good at doing something, but I get pressed to do even better than I did, and I tend to see the things I do wrong. Plus, I'm not all that confident, I'm more sensitive, yet I don't really show it.

Misaki - He doesn't like to bother people with his own problems. He solves them himself. I really don't like asking people for help with anything, whether it is on what they think of a piece of artwork or about something really simple. I just keep it bottled up inside until someone undoes my little brain and sees it. Also, not completely confident in what he feels or does. True, completely true.

• 2 months later...

I'm more like a mixture of some of them...

I'm mostly like Hiroki, since I'm always in a bad mood and get pissed quite easily. I don't know how to express myself. I feel like whatever I do is not good enough to my parents. *crying* I'm as messy as hell <I really need to clean the house> Sadly, I'm not living on my own like Hiroki... I do have that habbit of pushing people away from me, my little brother is the victim in this case! Also like Hiroki, I had an 8 years one-sided love when I was just a child until I was 11 years old, which was when my parents seperated and that person simply disappeared from my life.. I am not gonna allow myself to love anyone unless that person desearves me.

I was like Shinubo in showing my love, childish and immature. I have no idea, how I would love now, since no one caught my heart, yet.

I'm like Nowaki in my ambition to become the best I can possibly be and my desire to advance in my studies and work <though I don't have a stable job at the moment>

• 3 weeks later...

I'm more like Misaki. On my opinion about him, he is most likely to be, shy, pissed off easily, and likes to cook! :D That's how I act all the time. c:

• 2 weeks later...

I like Usagi, lol. From the teasing to the possessiveness, I'm also the same on. Plus I too still have stuffed animals in my room, as old as I am lol foxy3

• 3 weeks later...

I picture myself as Misaki in some respects, with how he reacts to Usami's advances (-__-), I don't like my family worrying about me, I even find it hard to say how I feel right off the bat and I'm too dense (usually) to realise if people are flirting with me.

My fiance is very much like usami, minus the stuffed toys.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I'm more like Misaki than any character because I also don't like to trouble anyone with my problems. It's hard for me to talk about my feelings with my family and I don't understand flirting very well. If someone likes me, they have to come out and say it or I won't notice or believe it. I also tend to freak out and over-react about certain things. (>.<)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Nowaki... I feel I am part of all the charcaters but the way nowaki was so lovely and all in all I actually had an experience like that one...

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

A bit of nowaki, chasing a man who's too far away from me,.. (may or may not love me, still not sure) :)

A bit of misaki. Clueless someyime and cant admit my own feelings..

YaoiOtaku is a friendly community that has a lot to offer when it comes to everything yaoi - manga series, DJs, oneshots, anime, yaoi RPs and plenty of BL discussion topics.

Make sure to also check:

Yaoi Manga

KPop Profiles

Yaoi Dj

Manga Lotus