I always get stuck at inventing a good title.

LeoP

Hi, I'm Leo :) Sarcasm is my eighth language. The other ones are German, my very poor baby English *sorry*, French, Czech, Russian, Italian and just the very basic bits of Japanese.

The start of my yaoi journey was the wish to learn Japanese - and well, as a gay guy, it's amazing to read about people like you - but as I met a few of the community, it turned out to be the best community ever. To be completely honest, I'm quite hard to get along with, as I don't fit the picture of an average 16-year-old guy. You won't see me at parties, the only music I ever listen to is classical and when you ask me about what I'm doing, I'm probably reading some book you're afraid to analyse. Plus I've got this 'don't fuck with me' attitude. I was completely shocked at how many people here shared some of my interests - I feel like I've known some of you since forever.

Anyways, I'm a student (hopefully the high school will end soon), part-time German tutor and a writer (I write those cheesy romance novels to pay for my studies but I hope to publish something that's mine and written for other purposes than reading on the beach soon).

I'm ridiculously ambitious, so I guess my Japanese will get a lot better with time. For now, I'm really excited to be here, hopefully I'll get to know some of you better and maybe one day, I'll help with the translations!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LeoP

• andredmcampos

• Suida

• Leo-

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm Leo :) Sarcasm is my eighth language. The other ones are German, my very poor baby English *sorry*, French, Czech, Russian, Italian and just the very basic bits of Japanese.

Wow, that's a lot of languages. I'm still in the count of six (portuguese, english, spanish, italian, japanese and sarcasm - thou I'm not that good with this last one's grammar).

To be completely honest, I'm quite hard to get along with, as I don't fit the picture of an average 16-year-old guy. You won't see me at parties, the only music I ever listen to is classical and when you ask me about what I'm doing, I'm probably reading some book you're afraid to analyse.

Amaze me, =P.

Anyways, I'm a student (hopefully the high school will end soon), part-time German tutor and a writer (I write those cheesy romance novels to pay for my studies but I hope to publish something that's mine and written for other purposes than reading on the beach soon).

As a full-time english teacher and writing as a hobbie, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your texts.

All of that apart, welcome onboard,

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
, and please enjoy your stay.

Well, I've got the advantage of being bilingual. So I basically got a language for free. Unfair... And my current knowledge of Japanese doesn't even count, I'm able to recognize maybe 100 Kanji characters :D

I can't probably amaze an English teacher much, but I'm currently reading "Being and Time" by Martin Heidegger.

And lastly, I'm sorry to let you down but I write exclusively in German - my English is very (very, very) far from a level at which I can write something someone would enjoy :)

PS: I love your signature. It's a long time since we've done Hamlet in English class but this was one of my favorite lines.

Willkommen German speaking Fellow ^^

Servus! ;) And thanks for the welcome!

Hello Leo! Nice to meet you and a warm welcome to Yaoi Otaku. My name is Paul and I wish you a happy stay on this Forum. :)

WelcometoYO_05_zps5be2d698.jpg

You should give the anime Zetsuen no Tempest a check, then. It's a take on both Hamlet and The Tempest (more of the second than of the first), and this line appears often, along to some other quotations ("Time is out of joint. Oh, cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right").

Shakespeare was a great author, but I'm more of a Wilde person. His acid sarcasm never fails to impress me. "The world might be a stage, but the casting was awfull".

Hello

.. Welcome to YO and Enjoy~

XD

- - - Updated - - -

Hello

.. Welcome to YO and Enjoy~

XD

Ok, thanks for the tip ;) Mostly interpretations fail to impress me, as they lack something the original work had - whether it was the genius idea, the humour, the philosophy or the things between the lines - I seldom find them in these. But I'll definitely give it a try - the art looks great.

I read Wilde's trials numerous times since it somehow always brigtens my day, just the idea of someone being sued for homosexuality (of all idiotic things you can sue someone for), being at risk of spending his whole life in prison and still being so witty - even though the judges couldn't appreciate that.

Wilde had a strong personality, that's a given. Allthough the homosexuality charges were silly, he did his share to provoke several people. The homosexuality ended up being more of a convenient excuse for people to sue them then the real conflict. Although yes, once he was sued, his homosexuality got the spotlight.

Welcome to YO! Well isn't that an impressive intro for a 16-year-old? Hope you get to know even more people like you here and enjoy~ (:

Plus I've got this 'don't fuck with me' attitude.

That's the right attitude to have btw. ;)

Hello

You're amazing :)

Anyway, Welcome to YO :)

Enjoy your stay here :))

Let's be firends

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...