Sweet Pool Load Save Data Error

RoseBug

Okay, I've never really posted anything on a forum before, so please forgive me if I'm doing it wrong. I'm having a problem with the visual novel Sweet Pool. I've been playing it fine up until tonight. I played it basically all day. I took a break for a shower, and when I came back to play some more, I got an error message. Here' a screen cap from photobucket:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

It occurred when I clicked to load my save file. I've played several other visual novels on this computer with no problems. I have no idea what to do. I really want to keep playing; I stopped at kind of an intense moment. Help!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RoseBug

• Saga

• nicicia

• Kobra

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

Do you play the game with the patch? Also, is this the savefile you created yourself or got it downloaded from somewhere? It might be corrupted if you downloaded the savefile from somewhere. The error basically means something went wrong and you have to edit it.

Did you use the patch correctly in case you play it with patch?

If you played the game before the patch and then you installed it, the loading of data will go wrong.

I had the same issues. I have only experienced this issue with Sweet Pool. From what I understand, it usually have to do with the patch. You have to run the game in Administration mode. It may work. I got the game from fuwanovel so maybe they have different setup.

Or, (this only applies if you installed the game) you have to move all the installed files to a different folder. When you usually install a program, it will be in program files on your hard drive. You can either move files to a different folder or uninstall and then install the game and use a different location folder. I had to do this with a different game.

Maybe one of those will work? I'm sure Saga can offer better advice than I on this type of stuff.

Thank you both for your replies.

I do play the game with the patch, and I did create my own save file. I downloaded the patch and installed it before I played the game. I think I installed the patch correctly; I mean, it was playing in English, so it seemed to be working. I have no idea what I've done wrong.

The cause is certainly the patch, I believe. I heard many people had problem with the Sweet Pool patch. I shall install it myself and dig into it, though no idea if can find the solution, if so far it wasn't found.

What nicicia said makes sense though might not be the case for everyone. Will check out Fuwa's installation set though, since Nic mentioned it. Then will get back to 'report' what I did, lol.

• 7 months later...

I had the same error, too, and I think it's because it's partial patch. That error'd show up after a certain scene and after that, I wouldn't save it because it was no use :) So (a suggestion) I would play until a choice after that certain scene, quit the game after that choice without saving it and when I start the game again, I would nitro skip it to that choice :) It's a bit troublesome but I finished a route like that >.

Well, we have to wait a full patch for now.

• 2 years later...