Shingeki no Kyojin / Attack on Titan

nicicia

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) 2013.

Anyone watching it? Reading the manga?

Well if you're not, I recommend you do, because this anime is very, very good.

Synopsis

Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by titans. Titans are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of titans.

Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a titan in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a colossal titan that appears out of thin air. As the smaller titans flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single titan and take revenge for all of mankind.

It's dark, kind of disturbing. I mean the giants are some creepy looking creatures. Creepy and naked. They eat people, and it is actually a pretty terrifying concept.

And then there's the humans, who are simply humans who fight to survive, and it is so good. And badass female characters. Finally an anime with badass girls! All the characters are just so human.

Seriously, this anime is good. Go watch it!

Here, just enjoy the epic opening, okay. It is one of the most epic ones I've ever heard.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Duch

• gin

• nicicia

• kihi

Top Posters In This Topic

The series is good so far. The MC is a bit loud and annoying for most parts but I guess that a common formula for shounen-ish type of anime. The teleporting giant bugs me. Like, I know it's fictional world, but if that giant turns out to be an alien or MC starts developing special powers, I'd really be disappointed.

Aside from the plot, I really like the soundtrack esp OP.

Bit surprised there's a thread like this in a forum like this tbh.

You're surprised because it's a yaoi forum? Have you seen all the yaoi fanart from this series? XD

The most pupular is Eren x Rivaille. Apparently it's a fairly popular pairing. Having read the manga, I can see where it's coming from though. They have an interesting relationship.

Also like you said, Eren is loud and hotheaded, but then Rivaille actually gives him a reality check and helps his character development a lot.

Here's some fanart from tumblr xD

tumblr_mmjlkmCGRR1s75tcho1_500.png

tumblr_mmiy3opaCb1rhw7xuo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mmf9ltnWC71rhw7xuo1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_mmk17vQY9M1qmu6nho1_500.jpg

tumblr_mmjkb70rd01s75tcho1_500.png

tumblr_mmiphzTPA91s23smpo1_r2_500.jpg

Uhm... wait, I don't remember Rivaille. Hang on one sec...

*checks episode 4 Commie subbed.*

Oh is the guy who's referred to as the one-man army? He's called Levi there. I haven't read the manga, nor do I plan to just yet cause don't want to see spoilers. =/

But oh mai, those fanart from Tumblr looks yummeh. P=

Yeah, his name is Rivaille, but Levi is his nickname. I usually call him Levi myself XD

Btw, if you don't want spoilers, STAY AWAY from tumblr. Spoilers everywhere D:

Oh I see. Well, he looks better in the fanart. His eyes are kinda dead looking in the anime.

Lol. Thanks for the warning. I don't really have a tumblr account but, I bookmarked some Tumblr I accounts I like to visit. Most of it BL and yaoi stuff, not gonna lie.

Agree, Gurren no Yumiya is such a good song plus the fact that Rivaille is hot. YAY, a thread for Shingeki no Kyojin

proceed at your own cost..non-manga readers of SNK HALT!!!!!

5eizwm.png

Remember the chapter when they tried to capture Anna? The tower where Historia and the rest were trapped? I could still remember that hairy bastard who stole one of the scouting legions maneuver weaponry. He even mercilessly threw stones at the tower where Historia, Bethroldt, Reiner...etc. were situated. And the worst of all, he climbed at the effin' 50 meter wall though he's not a colossal titan---EASILY.

This question of mine is simple, is that ape-like titan a human in disguise? or just a wise and speaking titan? royalty? or worst, Eren's father ? Hmm...

SPOILERS for anyone who don't read the manga!

I've been thinking about that too. Maybe a human who didn't live as part of society, since he didn't know about the 3D gear. It could be Eren's father but wouldn't he know about the weapons already? It could be someone who 'made' or someone who know the secret behind the titan power. Maybe even the creator of actual titans?! Since nobody really knows where they came from, maybe they were experiments or something?

Also, what is up with the titans in the wall? That priest was very insistent the one titan must not come in contact with sunlight, presumably because it gets strength from sunlight. So what would have happened? Would it have broken free? And are the titans in the walls humans? I'm thinking they are. But what side are they on? Did they make the walls on purpose or were they forced?

So many mysteries. There is definitely a big conspiracy going on.

And you guys just blocked me off the conversation for being a non manga reader who does not like spoilers. Meanies. ;__;

PS. Yes. Awesome OP is awesome. Makes you wanna just kick some titan's bu++ just hear it.

Oh no no, we didn't mean to do that D: We just started a plot speculation. But we can of course also talk about what we're already seen in the anime. The animation is fantastic. Like the way we follow the movements when they fly through the cities and the trees with the gear, it's so smooth. Some of the BEST animation I've seen, not just in anime but any animation style!

Te hee. Just messing with you guys a bit. =P

But yeah, I agree the animation is fantastic. Though, I don't get why they have to thicken the lines of each character. You know, like how characters in Cartoon Network are?

I think the truth behind those colossal titans inside the wall is for the purpose of strengthening it so that it won't be easily ruined. Like how could you imagine those 20 meters below titans smashing the wall and leaves it unscratched. It's because the colossal has a high regeneration protective skin or something of that sort. See the one that covered Anna? That maybe is the one they used for the wall, i think.

Kay the ape-like something might be someone of nobility or the leader... coz' the mini titans respected him. Let's just give up the idea that it's eren's father... LOL

OH we're sorry about that, we just don't want to spoil your fun. It would be bad to let you see what lies ahead when you're still anticipating it. :cuteonion58: But I do agree, the animation is so good, the moment when they used the gear--it's really something.

It's all good.

Got a question though. I'm not an expert in hydraulics, but how does their cable-belt thingiemagig work? I would imagine it requires lots of air pressure for the cable to shoot far in such a force. Was that explained in the manga?

Hmm I'm not an expert in that subject too. But it's explained even in manga and anime I think. You know the scribbles and drawings when the anime had its half break. Remember those wall drawings and equipment things. That's the explanation I guess. I guess they're adding pressure on it too, you know the stuff when they refill something like oxygen or I dunno what's inside that tank.

Oh yeah, I guess I'm always lazy to pause and read through all the diagrams and stuff.

Just saw episode 6

Oh that's why Mikasa always wears a scarf around her neck. And was that Levi in the preview? O:

I didn't see Levi in the preview. I think it was Jean. But Levi should be showing up again very soon. (:

Now who wants some Mikasa being badass gifs?

tumblr_mmno5gjJj51rcj8eco1_500.gif

tumblr_mmnkriRFfn1qkcwzfo1_500.gif

I haven't seen the preview but I think levi will show up since the titans are moving to that certain tower.

I didn't see Levi in the preview. I think it was Jean. But Levi should be showing up again very soon. (:

Now who wants some Mikasa being badass gifs?

tumblr_mmno5gjJj51rcj8eco1_500.gif

tumblr_mmnkriRFfn1qkcwzfo1_500.gif

Ah yeah, Mikasa sure kicks ass.

I haven't seen the preview but I think levi will show up since the titans are moving to that certain tower.

Really can't wait. 'Cause once one Levi got more screen, maybe I can on the shipping fangasm! Hahaha.

Oh oh oh, and confirm something for me guys. I have this theory that Eren's father had been doing some tinkering on both Eren and Mikasa. Ne? Ne? Amirite? Amirite?

Oh wait, don't tell me too much. You guys can just either nod or shake your head.

YEah, and it's time for you to read the manga since it's so thrilling there.

Gomen gomen. I'm just acting like a brat.

Forgive pl0x?

HAHA I'm just joking. Chill, tis' fine.

HAHAHAHAHAHA The pics kewl. LOL Gang-rape? Nice try but Mikasa doesn't approve of this. lol