Sweet Savior (Pigeon/America's Prodigy

America's Prodigy

Appearance: Ryan has short, auburn hair that looks nearly perfect. He has bright green eyes with specks of gold. He is on the short side, at five feet and three inches tall, and weighs a meager one hundred pounds. He has a pair of glasses - which have been broken more than several times - that are square framed and black.

Personality: Ryan is very motivated in school. He is shy and never outspoken, even when he ought to be, but he can be quite lively - though awkward - once one gets to know him. He loves to help others, and he is horrible at telling people no.

History: His parents are divorced. He has two younger brothers and an older sister. He has been bullied almost his entire life.

------------------------------

Ryan sat in the library of his college, waiting for his first class, English Literature, to roll around. His teacher, Mr. Bari, had given them all quite a work load last time, and he was rather excited to see the outcome of his first assignment. At this moment, he had a large book, written by none other than Charles Dickens, and he was rather enthralled in the world of detail. So much so, in fact, that he didn't notice the two pairs of feet until he was grabbed.

"Wha-!" Ryan cried out, before he was pulled to his feet.

"Whatcha got there?" a voice mocked, picking up the now discarded book. "Charles Dickens. Hmm, I suppose it suits a gay boy like you, huh, Ryan?" The two laughed, the blonde having delivered the insult and the brunette simply holding him in place.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• America's Prodigy

• Kotorichan

Name: Louis Bari

Appearance: 6'1, skinny but strong, blond hair that's usually messy, blue-green eyes.

Personality: usually very kind and good natured. Will speak up for things he's passionate about.

-------------------

Louis had been in the library looking through some of the books. He had some time to kill before the next class he was teaching. He had been looking through one of the shelves when he heard loud voices a little ways away. Louis frowned to himself and walked over to the source of the noise. "Hey, what's going on over here?" he spoke loudly when he saw the three students in a huddle.

Ryan looked over in the direction of the man's voice, relief flooding through him. The brunette dropped him to the ground roughly, picking Ryan up and dusting him off as the blond spoke.

"Oh, nothing, sir," he said brightly. "Just talking with Ryan over here." The blond looked to Ryan, who still looked terrified. "Right, Ryan?" he added, a thread in the statement. Ryan rushed to amend the situation.

"O-of course!" he stammered. "They were just asking about an assignment, and how to reference books." Ryan could have been convincing, as his voice fit the bill, but he fiddled with the bottom of his shirt, and his eyes darted between the two boys and the other, as if choosing sides in a battle.

Louis frowned, he recognized the students from some of his classes and it was clear that it was more than what they were letting on. He gave a sigh and ran a hand through his hair. "If you say so, just try not to be so loud in the library. Ryan, could you help me with something?" He asked, trying to get him away from the other two.

Ryan sent a glance at the other two, but not as if he was thinking about his decision. He scrambled over to the man, in too much if a daze of terror to recognize him as more than one of his own teachers. The two boys watched Ryan closely, but made no move against him.

"Sure," Ryan said unsteadily. The two boys began to make their leave, but not without a glare that swore to punish him. When they had gone, Ryan sighed. "Thank you," he breathed.

"You're welcome..." Louis turned to Ryan with a frown "have those guys been bothering you a lot recently?" He asked. He was genuinely concerned about his student, Ryan didn't seem like the kind of person to seek out trouble but he could have gotten himself involved in some dangerous things. "If you ever need help my door is always open" he offered.

Ryan shook his head.

"Ah, no, not really," he stuttered, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. He wasn't sure what to make of the situation. "But thank you for the kind offer, Mr.-" Just then, Ryan realized he had no,idea to whom he was speaking. He looked closer.

"Ah, Mr. Bari! Knew you were familiar. In any case, thank you." As he spoke, the time was just right; his next class, with Mr. Bari, was about to start.

"Yep, that's me" Louis smiled and glanced at the time on his phone. "Well, we better get to class... But my offer still stands, I don't want you getting yourself into any bad situations" he frowned slightly and started walking to the classroom.

Ryan kept up with the instructor.

"Sure thing, sir," he said. "I usually try not to cause trouble. I'll let you know if anything happens." That was a lie though. Ryan could never Brea to,make anyone concern themselves with him. He stayed quiet as they walked.

(Getting off for the night.)

Louis nodded at his words. "good" he smiled cheerfully as he walked. "you're doing very well in class, do you have an interest in literature?" he looked over at the student, trying to make some kind of small talk as they walked.

Ryan brightened visibly at this topic, nodding enthusiastically.

"Oh, of course!" he said. "I love to read, especially the classics. I'll read almost anything, but if it's got a lot of detail, then it has probably been in my hands." Ryan smiled at the other shyly, realizing he'd rambled a bit, looking at the floor and shoving his hands into his pockets.

Louis smiled at him. "well, if you ever need some suggestions on good books just let me know. I love seeing students who are passionate about literature." he walked into the classroom. He walked up to his desk and organized some papers before starting class.

Ryan nodded at the teacher before he sat down, his mind racing, in his usual seat at the front. That was the first time he'd ever had a normal conversation with a teacher. Ryan felt resentful that it had happened due to some bullies picking on him, but he had to admit that he was slightly thankful for it.

Ryan pulled out his assignment from the night before, placing it on his desk neatly, along with his notebook, before he pulled out a thick volume on psychology to read.

Louis taught the class as he usually did. He had been gaining a reputation at the college for being a very difficult professor, so a lot of his students had to work hard in his class. He knew that many of the students hated his class, but he didn't mind.

Once class ended he started to gather up his things to go back to his office.

As Ryan packed up, he spotted two figures standing outside of the door, one a brunette and the other a blond. He froze in his actions, swallowing hard, his face flushed pale. He didn't want to go out there, but it wasn't like he had much of a choice. This time, Ryan had no clue what was waiting for him, or how bad it would be.

He stood for a moment, his breath shallow, swaying on his feet. What was he going to do? Surely he could only face it?

Louis noticed Ryan stopping in the middle of the room. He frowned and walked up to him. "Ryan, is something wrong?" he asked as he approached. The young man looked scared for some reason. Louis noticed the boys from before standing outside the room.

"O-oh," Ryan stuttered. "I'm fine! I just... Don't really want to talk to them." He gestured to the two outside.

"See, they can get a bit... aggressive with their conversations, and it makes me rather uncomfortable." Ryan fidgeted on the spot, his gaze going between his bag and the boys, trying to decide if it wouldn't be better to avoid them at all costs, or to suck it up and leave so he could do his work.

"tell them you're busy" Louis smiled at him. "come on, you can't stay in the classroom forever. Just tell them you have something you need to go do right away" he started to leave the room

Ryan followed after the other, grasping his arm gently to stop him.

"Um, c-could I go with you?" Ryan stuttered. "They'll leave me alone if I'm with a teacher. I've tried going other places, but they've always followed-" Ryan clamped his mouth shut, realizing he'd said too much.

"followed you? What kind of friends are those?" Louis frowned with a look of concern "are you sure you're okay?" he looked at Ryan and sighed softly. "alright, I get it. Its none of my business, I don't mind if you want to walk with me if that would help"

Ryan nodded gratefully.

"Well, they aren't exactly my friends, per say," he confessed. "More like vague acquaintances who... Ask me for help, I suppose. They just aren't that great at asking, is all."

"And thank you for letting me walk with you. They're not the easiest people to be around." Ryan looked up at him with a bright, yet shy smile.

Louis smiled back "anytime, I hope you can get things sorted out with them so they don't bother you too much" he checked the time and sighed "still three hours till my next class..." he muttered to himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Louis smiled back "anytime, I hope you can get things sorted out with them so they don't bother you too much" he checked the time and sighed "still three hours till my next class..." he muttered to himself.

The two other boys were disappointed by Ryan's company, and they quickly left. Ryan sighed in relief.

"I don't know how I'd manage that," he said, "but I suppose it is worth a try. And I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused. I hope your next class goes well. Heaven knows I'll have to deal with them when I get to mine." The last sentence was barely audible as Ryan began to walk away.

"I'll see you later, good luck with your classes" Louis called after him before turning away and walking to his office. He was somewhat concerned about the safety of the boy but he decided to trust he would be able to take care of himself.

Ryan smiled as he left the other.

He certainly hadn't been wrong. Though his next class hadn't been for another three hours, the moment he arrived for it, the two boys bombarded him. He was only saved by the fact that they were in public.

That class didn't pass without incident. Papers were thrown at him, insults spoken as they passed. By the time it was over, Ryan was ready to go home. But he still had another class to go to in an hour, so he would likely stay in the library, as if it had ever been a great idea. The teacher held the two back for a bit, so Ryan made it to the library easily and without interruption.

That didn't last long. Ryan's normal table was in the furthest recesses of the place, so the two boys saw it as an opportunity. They stayed by the shelves, watching Ryan in contempt, waiting for the boy to finish setting up and go to retrieve a book.