what bothers you the most in yaoi (anime,manga...etc)

sarah3161

about the story, art or the characters.... etc

for me , about the story:

it bothers me when the uke is in a relationship but he consistently Denies it :msn_red_fox 12(like Misaki) it's cute at the beginning but it become a little irritating now :cuteonion51:

also ,when both the seme and the uke wait for the other to confess i become

like this :Red_fox6:

i find it cute when the uke say no..stop during sex but its annoying when he says it all time onion8

the art :

i started to pay more attention to the art now , i have no problem in the anime art but the manga is another story but all my favourites manga, have great artwork so it okay

:leaf12:

hmm yoyo7 thats what i have in my mind now

• Like 4

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sarah3161

• SailorRishi

• lilredphoenix

• Ero Gaki

hahahahha!

the whole denial thing can be rather bothersome for me too.

i mean okay...gotta be a little vague there because they're japanese (i'm only basing this from what Misaki said in JR)

but SERIOUSLY....come on!

you love him, you're crazy madly in love with him...PLEASE STOP SAYING YOU DON'T OR YOU DON'T KNOW

because it's so frustrating yo!

and it's consensual. it's not unrequited.

please....stop being so in denial!

gyaaaaaah!

ok..

i just gotta let that out of my system too.

another thing that bothers me is some shota manga where the smex scene is between an adult and the partner (okay, fine i get it...still underage) but dude...man...can the younger dude be at LEAST anatomically correct?

i get so worried when it's smexing between a very anatomically proportionate adult and then he's holding like what seems to be like a doll or a plushie looking boy. @__@

i ALWAYS skip those kinds of manga.

• Like 1

the denial it's pretty annoying too. it's okay at first. you can understand, especially because most of these smex scenes happens by surprise. like.. they are having a conversation and then, sunddenly, the seme just jumps over the uke and basically "attack" him. so i can understand the surprise and the first denial. but when they keep doing it.. afff... come on! you want it too! stop making a scene!

and well, for me, it's really uncomfortable when the uke looks like a children. it's okay if it is someone younger, but come on! at least some legal age... i know i know, some people likes that, but everytime i see that, i feel like a pedhophily. i *know it is not the same thing*, but ican't stop feeling like that, and then i just jump out of it.

• Like 1

I don't like it when the seme is not jealous. For example, in Viewfinder, when Takaba was kidnapped by Fei Long, and he was raped, when Asami found it out he just said "Oh, is he (Fei) playing with him? OK" :msn_red_fox 11 Come on! If he would like Takaba he would have been jealous and angry and would have just wanted to go in that second and kill Fei Long. :cuteonion9:

• Like 1

My list...

5. The Deus Ex Machina plot tie-up when at the end, the seme or uke admits to his crush that they had met years and years ago and the love-stricken boy devoted his life to finding and becoming one with his eternal object of affection.

4. Old yaoi OVA's choice of sleezy jazz music. The story may be good and the characters get to a point where things start to get intimate, but as soon as that god-awful synthesized saxophone comes into the scene, it's like getting splashed with bucket of water while hearing nails on a chalkboard. All is ruined. v.v

3. Someone getting slapped in the face. Without fail. In 99.999% of BL manga, someone HAS to be slapped--usually for saying something demeaning towards himself or casually denying the other man's feelings.

2. The "Gay Virus." You know, when there's an all boy's school or a practically all male company, and EVERY MALE is gay. Or every man in a family unit is gay. I mean, yeah, BL is allowed some leeway with reality, but really? An all boy's school and every guy desperately wants to bang the protagonist?

1.The Invisible Penis.

You know exactly what I'm talking about. When the seme is touching his uke, asking him if it feels good and he is drawn as holding cylindrical air--or sparkles or what have you. That is the most ridiculous and counterproductive concept I have ever seen in male/male relationships.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

denial annoys me as well..

shota i avoid cause it creeps me out, after all it's a kid having sex or something like that with a grown up man, and i just can't help but to think that grown up as a pedo, i mean how can a kid turn you on? sick imo :\

i don't mind gay virus, avoid old mangas (the ones from the 90's) cause of the art, don't like it, and also i avoid unfinished yaoi (that way i can always read till the end :) )

what does annoy me, a whole lot, and is something that is often in shojo mangas as well, is that: you cut/burn yourself? oh my god nooooooooooooooooooooooo, you idiot!! go to a hospital right now! don't ever do that again!! but let me lick it better for now, until the ambulance gets here.

so frickin annoying :\

• Like 1

1. the invisible penis- show it already. 2. uke yelling- no way is a shy little uke going to get all manly now are they. they are what they are. 3.seme just being mean to the uke I meen you love him right 4. Thy never show that much butt. 5.why the age differntce one older one young why not to men about the same age. ok got that off my chest please for give me goddess of yaoi.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't like oyaji, shota or bara. Something that I hate in some old yaois like Kaze to ki no Uta Sanctus is: Why do they make the sex scenes look so odd and unnatural?:msn_red_fox 12 It kind of spoils the whole story.

• Like 1

about the story, art or the characters.... etc

for me , about the story:

it bothers me when the uke is in a relationship but he consistently Denies it :msn_red_fox 12(like Misaki) it's cute at the beginning but it become a little irritating now :cuteonion51:

also ,when both the seme and the uke wait for the other to confess i become

like this :Red_fox6:

i find it cute when the uke say no..stop during sex but its annoying when he says it all time onion8

the art :

i started to pay more attention to the art now , i have no problem in the anime art but the manga is another story but all my favourites manga, have great artwork so it okay

:leaf12:

hmm yoyo7 thats what i have in my mind now

I just woke up, so my brain is still at the start. but had to comment on that simple. misaki is so annoying to me with his NO. After 3 years still the same lender --- I can not hear it. usagi-san is the perfect man, sometimes I really do not know what usagi-san is still at misaki. he sucks!

• Like 1

I think for me is when one or both parties don't want to admit they are in love/lust and spend a majority of the time denying it (that's a turn off) the scenes in anime where it gets hazy or they don't show the male body parts even though the rating is 18+ and its labeled hard yaoi the camera shots are above the waist or only showing the chest. Kissing scenes where its hazy so you don't see them actually touching lips just the implications of the action. The denial to stop and say no when it's actually yes so is no really no or no=yes? he blushing and slammering is cute at the beginning but thru out the whole series that loses it's appeal factor.

• Like 2

I think for me is when one or both parties don't want to admit they are in love/lust and spend a majority of the time denying it (that's a turn off) the scenes in anime where it gets hazy or they don't show the male body parts even though the rating is 18+ and its labeled hard yaoi the camera shots are above the waist or only showing the chest. Kissing scenes where its hazy so you don't see them actually touching lips just the implications of the action. The denial to stop and say no when it's actually yes so is no really no or no=yes? he blushing and slammering is cute at the beginning but thru out the whole series that loses it's appeal factor.

yes, exactly. you read my thoughts.

• Like 2

totally agree, it's a turn off and make me skip the anime or manga >_

• Like 2

Maybe it's a cultural thing but, the denial bores me till death.Misaki is quite cute but that's why I like Nowaki&Hiroki.

The uke always crying when having sex, for heaven's sake you're having a good time, lord!

I hate when the mangaka doesn't draw the whole masculine body, the absent penis for example... or just let you know what's happening by hints...

Shota mangas, even if the uke is "adult", looking like a little boy like in Okane ga Nai , I don't feel comfortable at all

In bl dramas, the chastity, I mean, I understand they're not gv but come on, show some more exciting kisses or little bit of skin.....

• Like 1

most yaoi stories are hard for me to relate to or stomach, so i typically don't pay any attention to plot when im browsing for something new to read or watch. though i do read enough to grasp personality, so certain character archetypes piss me off. i don't like whiny ukes or bitchy ones asking to be wrestled into submission; arrogant, egotistical, controlling semes also are a huge turn off, but i guess those characters are okay so long as they develop into better people. also, general yaoi anatomy and sparkling, floral panels are hard for me to appreciate.

• Like 1

Maybe it's a cultural thing but, the denial bores me till death.Misaki is quite cute but that's why I like Nowaki&Hiroki.

Nowaki and hiroki..nowaki ok..but hiroki...comon...the same thing

The uke always crying when having sex, for heaven's sake you're having a good time, lord!

They only upset the fangirls. any girls want to put on their'd be. hi hi

I hate when the mangaka doesn't draw the whole masculine body, the absent penis for example... or just let you know what's happening by hints...

SO TRUE!!!!

Shota mangas, even if the uke is "adult", looking like a little boy like in Okane ga Nai , I don't feel comfortable at all

the drawing are deliberately made ​​so. they want to visually show a person who holds the power.

In bl dramas, the chastity, I mean, I understand they're not gv but come on, show some more exciting kisses or little bit of skin.....

But when all factors were not present, it would be boring...

• Like 1

hmm.. the denial really is a common annoying thing..

It's like, come on! You're sooo in love and you're denying it??

At first it may seem cute and all.. but throughout the entire or almost half of the story?? sheesh..

Also, it annoys me when the drawing is totally lame..

I mean, the story line is cool and all.. but please!!! make the drawing somewhat more appreciable?? I'm just saying, that's all..

And that includes the absent penis too!

And What annoys me the most is that when the seme is much cuter than the uke..

I mean the uke should be much cuter right??

But I happened to read a manga like that and it really bugs me!!! Hate that.. >.

And I'm not really into the uke becoming the seme..

I mean, you know that he is the uke, with his feminine features and all, and you will found out in the end the he will be the seme and pushing down the real seme!!! grr..

• Like 1

Another scenerio which is a bit cliche' is when uke/seme has never been in a serious relationship yet or been in one with a woman (sometimes even have been married) and adamantly state they are "not like that" although they admit to admiring or idolizing the seme/uke.

• Like 1

1. 'the' denial thingy~~~ yes, I know a lot of you had saying this and I totally agree with you! Just admit you are in love with each other, why deny it?

2. I can't say I hate shota, but its more like I'm afraid to see....*weird huh*

3. And yes! 'That' invisible penis! I'm a pervert *yes, I admit it. hehe*, so I want more!

• Like 1

Guest FujoshiFTW

Okay, let's lay this out:

The 'denial' thing I don't mind, well, most of the time. I love it how the sempai in 'The Tyrant Who Falls In Love' keeps on denying he's a homo because I find it funny. But then with Misaki denying he's in a realtionship, I just find it downright annoying (that's why I don't really like Misaki that much, mind you).

Another thing I don't like, is when the uke is seriously just GIVING himself to the seme. I...don't like sluts.

The thing that disturbs me the most in yaoi is shota. Underage sex for me is a no-no (Shinobu is an exception, lol). Also those guys that look like females with dicks. Yes, it's cute, but it's just a no when the artist gets carried away with it and make them heaps feminine.

Age gaps I also kinda back away from. I mean, it's totally alright if the uke looks like a teen and not a child but when that doesn't happen (like the Ciel x Sebastian pairing) I just drop it and go onto read something else.

Finally, I just can't make myself watch/read anything with bad art. That's why I generally don't go near those older yaois since the art is usually exaggerated, etc.

I know I'm weird with all my preferences, but hey, that's just me and my opinions XD

Okay, let's lay this out:

The 'denial' thing I don't mind, well, most of the time. I love it how the sempai in 'The Tyrant Who Falls In Love' keeps on denying he's a homo because I find it funny. But then with Misaki denying he's in a realtionship, I just find it downright annoying (that's why I don't really like Misaki that much, mind you).

I dislike any denial in manga. But with senpai is something completely different. The manga is based on a concept rather humorous. Therefore, I like it. one of the least funny stories at all.

misaki terms, the type I can not suffer at all. I am doing so on the nerves, he is always with his no.

Another thing I don't like, is when the uke is seriously just GIVING himself to the seme. I...don't like sluts.

i like sluts...hi hi XD

The thing that disturbs me the most in yaoi is shota. Underage sex for me is a no-no (Shinobu is an exception, lol). Also those guys that look like females with dicks. Yes, it's cute, but it's just a no when the artist gets carried away with it and make them heaps feminine.

I really like either, but I'm already used to it. But not my case.

Age gaps I also kinda back away from. I mean, it's totally alright if the uke looks like a teen and not a child but when that doesn't happen (like the Ciel x Sebastian pairing) I just drop it and go onto read something else.

I agree with you totally. but when sebastian ciel and I can not look away. the two simply look too hot (the connections between them it makes hot). although I would hope that would ciel older.

But Kuroshitsuji is not yaoi and also not shota. is normal shonen anime.

Finally, I just can't make myself watch/read anything with bad art. That's why I generally don't go near those older yaois since the art is usually exaggerated, etc.

I know I'm weird with all my preferences, but hey, that's just me and my opinions XD

you are not weird, you only tell us your opinions :)

hah love this thread :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...