YO's Photography Contest - Inspiration

Key

29zcylt.png

~Theme: Inspiration~

At the suggestion of YO's members, we decided to hold a new monthly contest - a photo competition.

The 10th theme is 'Inspiration'. March is here, the month in which we celebrate women and the month in which nature slowly comes to life. Since women bring joy in our lives and inspire us, along with all the season dedicated to them, show us what is that inspires you - be it the sky, books, nature, a butterfly, a bird etc.

Rules_zpsfb80e9a7.jpg

- The picture has to be taken by you

- The pic has to be related to the given theme

- You can use photo editing software to fix the levels, brightness, contrast and so on, but without adding effects (like using brushes on the picture)

- Each member can post only 1 entry

Prizes_zps029d35eb.jpg

- The winner gets 5000 points

- All the participants get 1000 points

Start date: 02/03/2015

Closing date: 31/03/2015

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rheena_Andy

• Hikaru Sakuragi

• Suida

• Jota

thank you for this month's theme... i'm joining in, please

-Maming-

2q18nex.jpg

Maming is my oldest female adopted stray cat.. out of the seven we currently have the pleasure of taking care of, she's the quietest but the one who protects the younger ones- just like a mama for everyone.. ^^ hence her name - Maming.. (mama+muning.. muning is kitty in our language :D)

attachment.php?attachmentid=32484&d=1425324519

Bronze Statue of Uryu Iwako

More Info: Uryu Iwako was a japanese woman, who dedicated the money she inherited from her dead husband to the building of the first educationa center for women (when female education was forbidden in Japan). She also built a shelter for abandoned kids and dedicated her whole life to charitable work.

Here's mine!

2mochvs.jpg

It was actually a funny moment but also meaningful, happened two years ago! I never thought that Musa, my Cockatiel would ever feel alone with me but that inspired me when I saw him singing a beautiful song when seeing himself in the mirror...I thought even if I wasn't alone in the whole world...I needed a pair so that I could stay with forever and that was the reason I bought Nila (my second bird) as his mate, I felt like crying when I saw the moment >

My entry

428875_10151237372457923_1616033222_n.jpg?oh=f67afd4ec43501247097c1d6198762e0&oe=55485A9E&__gda__=1435592337_1c882727e76ba45dce2e92346162d17e

His name is N' Art; he's my inspiration to stay young forever...

As he always says, "I can be the man who saves the day~~"

Me joining >////

10365726_1622251758003477_5973203771308968418_n.jpg?oh=7ccb17f007f0f6d60727f326413afc38&oe=5575F3EB&__gda__=1435898299_7c437d563c9c76eb5008e61f326004ad

Ok, weird pic, here's the explanation:

1. That's L. Basically whenever I travel, I take him with me, and make a pic of him (atm I got about 40 pics from 8 different places, this one was in Paris ^^) So eh, he indicates that travelling ish pretty much me inspiration ^////^

2. The camera is a point of me inspiration cause I eh, kinda like capturing moments and then showing people, either to make em understand something or show em beauty in the world >//////>

3. I ate pancakes before I took that pic °___°

4. ANIMEEEEEEEEE

5. He'sh a detective so he gets information (most fun thing for me ever >////

Since as bro says March is the month of spring and women I will like to post the flowers my mother receive on March 1 from my father. March 1 in my country is known as Martisor day, our First Spring Day. We love to be inspired by flowers this month.

i4r3w6.jpg

Challenge Accepted ;)

p9aYXByEj

This is „The Heroes Square“. It's my favorite place in Vienna and a very popular spot. One of the few places where you can meet nice people. It’s mostly very crowded especially when the sun shines as you can see it on the picture lol No it’s still a little bit cold here so there were only a few tourists and some crazy people like me sitting alone in the cold ^^. So currently i’m writing my diploma project about the language learning process and acculturation of turkish immigrants in Vienna. And today i was trying to find some inspiration and a motivational push just by watching strangers. The few people here seemed so happy and careless… this is so contagious.

Good Location and smiling faces all that inspires me and this is what keeps me moving forward =)

My grades...

B at the top counts as an A. Hell yeah. Now all I gotta do is keep this shit that way.

tumblr_nkps09kMVK1rrtwcbo1_540.jpg

Joining in~~ ^__^

INFINITE.jpg

INFO: this is my inspiration coz first of all, it's a customized ring, meaning i really asked our silversmith (when we have our thesis in college) to make this ring for me, and so the silversmith agree and am so happy that it really turns out so perfect! It has been with me for more than 5 years already!

• 2 weeks later...

When I have to think about March, Women and Inspiration, the all best subjects on my mind are on the picture bellow. They are my strength, my life, my past-present-future, my motivation, my blessing...

[ Photograph : Me, 2010 ]

23wny3d.jpg

This picture is from school. When i look at it.. It reminds me of lots of things that have happened in this school. Like how we would fight... Me, Corey,Max and Christian would play ridiculous games where one of us would be the head of the military and you'd have to do really stupid things to get a higher rank. And when Christiana suck up behind me and put those type of flowers in my hair with out me knowing until i went to the bathroom... XD From those good memories that i had from when i was small, this picture inspires me to make more friends, even though it is hard to make friends... but i still want to have good times with new friends...

mv6e74.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

My mom would be my inspiration in everything that I do. She is also the driven force behind some of my achievements. This being one of them.

This is a picture of the commencement ceremony before families came in for the graduation part. Yes, the arena was huge and packed; and looking up at friends and family in the crowd was both scary and touching. rs771i.jpg

My family is my greatest strength and encouragement. We've been through some really great things and bad, last few years together as an whole and also just recently. My dad and mom are like the rock of my family. We always come out of the flames of karma that life throws our way. We are survivors. My elder siblings are what I learn from to become an good adult, to always have drive for what you do and to always be kind to each other no matter what we are going through at any given time. To my bro's gf, you are always loved no matter what, same with your daughter. Just because we're not blood doesn't mean you don't have an place in this family. I have an brother-in-law and extended family too. Honestly my mother in law is someone I really like and get along with. All my brother-in law's siblings please do treat each other kindly and have love in each other. and their children I hope, you all grow to be amazing adults and can be an good role model for the baby in our family. You guys and woman, boys and girls will always be my light. And to my friends, thanks for always making time for an little chit-chat. Years and Years, plus more years for us all to be friends. I love you all. Through thick and thin always. (I'm such an softie T_T)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

These are the flowers on my flower vase. Flower has always been an inspiration for me as it represents "Hope", "Purity" and "Innocence"

My inspiration ^^ Very weird but I don't care. I love animes/mangas, that's all and they are my inspiration :)

48IWe6EL.jpg

Hi i will join it ... this is part of my room i really want to continue make it the part for anime more i hope you all like it❤️

attachment.php?attachmentid=32769

Art is mentally stimulating and can be physically thrilling for some. Graffiti inspires artists to step out of the boundaries of their canvases and create art literally onto the world.

HPZlUSs.jpg

Poor thing was hiding from the police when sirens were blaring the streets - can you believe the things people will do for art?!