Non-Asian BL drama fans, anyone?

yojichan

Hi!

I am well aware of the fact that a lot of us are big Asian BL drama fans here.

However, I'm curious if there are any of us here who also love watching non-Asian BL drama series/movies too.

And if so, can anyone recommend titles (full length films or short films) for us to check out.

Thankies!

rabbit2

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nicicia

• chiakaiyuki

• JenovaVII

• ShivaDrake

I love western BL just as much as I love oriental BL. I've seen lots and lots of eastern BL movies but I've only watched a drama or two, so far. Concerning about the western ones, I've seen as many movies as Asian ones, but I've watched a larger number of dramas.

Take into consideration that some are focused purely on homosexuality, while others are about various pairings - both hetero and homosexual, and others are only faintly gay themed.

I'll leave a list of the movies and another of the western dramas I enjoyed the most and totally recommend. (:

Dramas:

-Six Feet Under

-Torchwood

-Oz

-Verbotene Liebe

-El Cor De La Ciutat

-One Life To Live

-As The World Turns

-Queer As Folk

-Brothers & Sisters

--

Movies:

-Brokeback Mountain

-Mysterious Skin

-Eyes Wide Open

-No Night Is Too Long

-Total Eclipse

-J'ai Tué Ma Mère

-Sun Kissed

-Gipsy 83

• Like 5

i've just seen 3 non-Asian BL movies ...

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
- short film ( 15 mins)

it's about brother-brother love ....two brothers realize that the feelings they have for each other are not just those of brothers. They are happy together until their mother discovers their relationship ......

i quite like this film .. even though the ending is a bit negative 135.gif

the second film is From Beginning To End (Do Começo ao Fim) ... :o ...

*brother-brother relationship again, lol *

to this film, i only like the part when two main characters were little ... it's cuter than when they grow up

the third is Queer as Folk :)))) ... haven't finished watching yet but this film is the hottest BL film that i've ever seen :))))) ... the dialogue is quite naughty but maybe it's not my mother tounge ... so i don't feel it as naughty as its real meaning 158.gif

• Like 2

From non Asian BL Dramas I like "The Wedding Banquet" [Hsi yen] it's comedy directed by Ang Lee (the director of Brokeback Mountain) :msn_red_fox 6

• Like 3

I have 4 BL non Asian movies on my computer, haven't watched them yet tho

Dream Boy

The Conrad Boys

Watercolors

Between Love and Goodbye

I already have them uploaded on megaupload, so if anyone is interested in the links, let me know and I can send them in a private message, since this forum is only for Asian dramas/ movies :)

• Like 1

Ok i got it. So here are some of my collection:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

My personal taste: i prefer Latter days, no night is too long, were the world mine, trick, prayers for bobby, just une question d'amour

• Like 5

i've just seen 3 non-Asian BL movies ...

- short film ( 15 mins)

it's about brother-brother love ....two brothers realize that the feelings they have for each other are not just those of brothers. They are happy together until their mother discovers their relationship ......

i quite like this film .. even though the ending is a bit negative 135.gif

the second film is From Beginning To End (Do Começo ao Fim) ... :o ...

*brother-brother relationship again, lol *

to this film, i only like the part when two main characters were little ... it's cuter than when they grow up

the third is Queer as Folk :)))) ... haven't finished watching yet but this film is the hottest BL film that i've ever seen :))))) ... the dialogue is quite naughty but maybe it's not my mother tounge ... so i don't feel it as naughty as its real meaning 158.gif

OMG!! I know that second film you mentioned here. I watched it! OMG! I know it was REALLY SWEET, my goodness! What tickles me though is that the film really tries very hard to avoid any sense of tension for the brothers at all. It really wanted a happy ending for both of them.

Oh yeah Queer as Folk. You mean the American version or the UK version? I'm a fan of the American version. A dear friend of mine gifted me with the TV book of this which contains a wealth of information about the series, characters, production, episodes, actors, actresses..practically EVERYTHING! ♥

The movie Milk is extremely good. It's not really a BL movie but it's based on a true story about a gay politician.

milk_movie_poster1233858974.jpg

This is a quick summary:

"The story of Harvey Milk, and his struggles as an American gay activist who fought for gay rights and became California's first openly gay elected official. "

It brings up a lot of cultural and political issues and struggles within the gay community. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!

• Like 1

OMG!! I know that second film you mentioned here. I watched it! OMG! I know it was REALLY SWEET, my goodness! What tickles me though is that the film really tries very hard to avoid any sense of tension for the brothers at all. It really wanted a happy ending for both of them.

Oh yeah Queer as Folk. You mean the American version or the UK version? I'm a fan of the American version. A dear friend of mine gifted me with the TV book of this which contains a wealth of information about the series, characters, production, episodes, actors, actresses..practically EVERYTHING! ♥

yeah... i mean the American version XD .. Sunshine is really really cute5.gif

i didn't watched the UK version yet -' '-

p.s : .. you're so lucky to have a friend like that13.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

try christian and oliver (chroli) or in germany (verbotene Liebe)... its a daily soap in germany..

the drama is great.. you can see its on youtube

^^

• 1 month later...

I know a few American ones.

"Brokeback Mountain" is a good one, has a sad though touching ending.

BrokebackMountainPoster_000.jpg

I haven't watched "Shelter" but I've heard it's really good as well.

ShelterPoster.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I really like Ethan Mao, and Soundless Windchime. Also, Amnesia was good, though sad.

Brokeback Mountain is a classic :)

I've been meaning to watch Shelter for a while now. It does sound good.

From non Asian BL Dramas I like "The Wedding Banquet" [Hsi yen] it's comedy directed by Ang Lee (the director of Brokeback Mountain) :msn_red_fox 6

Love love love this movie!! So sweet

• 2 months later...

I just want to suggest that thank you for posting up watercolors. It also would be good to but up more movies that are not asian or gv movies like dream boy for example. Just want to say that thank you:hamtaro-005 (21):

• 2 weeks later...

I might be new on the forum, but I've watched a lot of gay themed shows and movies.

You must watch Queer As Folk US version. This show is legend! I love it so much! It's hot, sexy, edgy, funny, heartbreaking and dramatic. It's got all you can want in a gay themed show (even a lesbian couple). It's 5 seasons and you can find them on icefilms.info. Just search for Queer As Folk. :)

Here's a MV I found of my favourite couple, Brian and Justin. :) If this can't convince you to watch Queer As Folk, then nothing will. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure where to post this thread so feel free to move it if doesn't fit in here.

Do you ship guys with each other in other shows and movies?

I watch other shows besides Asian Dramas, and in some of them I ship boyxboy pairings.

Arthur/Merlin from the BBC show Merlin. I wish this pairing was canon so badly. Merlin and Arthur have such a strong bromance. There's so much unsaid between them, and it's clear they love each other. And the eye sex...so much chemistry!

Tenth Doctor/The Master from Doctor Who

Actually, my main OTP in Doctor Who is Tenth Doctor/Rose, but I can't ignore the amazing chemistry between The Doctor and The Master. In fact the only reason The Master never killed The Doctor is because he loves him.

Blaine/Kurt from Glee

This is actually a canon couple, and it's very cute.

Sherlock/John from Sherlock

Sherlock is unconfirmed but obviously gay, and you can't fault this pairing even if the show only has three episodes. XD

Jack/Ianto from Torchwood

Canon Pairing. It's so special and tragic. [video=youtube;fF2a-Q5z1qQ]

Dong Soo/Yeo Woon from Warrioir Baek Dong Soo.

Yes I know it's actually an Asian Drama, but the main males have this great bromance it's almost BL. So I ship them. :) They kind of remind me of Naruto and Sasuke (and I ship narusasu XD)

Dean/Castiel from Supernatural

It's been said several times in the show that Dean and Castiel share a profound bond. I think Castiel secretly loved Dean. Besides, what is more epic than love between a human and an angel? ;)

So that's my ships. What are yours? :)

• Like 5

SLASH:

Nathan/Duke (Haven),

Gibbs/DiNozzo (NCIS),

Remus/Sirius (Harry Potter),

Dom/Brian (Fast & Furious)

CANON:

Brian/Justin (Queer As Folk),

Fer/David (Fisica O Quimica),

Reid/Luke (As The World Turns)

From yours I also love Jack/Ianto and Dean/Cas, two of my favorites pairings. (:

*Clears away the tissues so she can see the keyboard* TT__TT

Jack/Ianto is my fav non asian pairing.

Tom/Harry.

tumblr_lqwas7V5Fn1qae3m1o1_500.jpg

Tom/Bill. (It's not drama but can't resist the twincest)

bill-tom-kaulitz-although-they-r-so-different-22186007767.jpeg

• Like 2

I do, although admittedly I don't watch many drama shows that aren't Asian.

Clark/Lex (Smallville . . . Does this count as drama? rabbit12 . . . I think it does.)

House/Wilson (House)

House/Chase

House/Foreman

. . . Anybody and House. :hamtaro-005 (5):

Hmm, I think that's it.

Ugh, I forgot to mention Aragorn/Legolas!

(Agree with The Happy Lemon; House MD in itself is a shipping whore, so many pairings to choose from.)

• Like 1

You should check out "Shelter"!!! One of the best BL films i've seen...

If you happen to live in a religious family (like i do), and they kinda just can't embrace the fact that you're different, I'm pretty sure you'll relate to "Prayers for Bobby"

There, two films for you to check out! =))

- Shelter

- Prayers for Bobby

• Like 1