Big Bang Love, Juvenile A BL movie review

kjyc

Big Bang Love, Juvenile A

ABigBangLoveJuvenile.jpg

Themes: Drama,Romance? BL, Shounen-ai,prison,violence.

Plot:

Story of two prison inmates Jun and Shiro. Jun keeps insisting that he killed Shiro and the detective has to find the truth. The art-style film- flashes between past, present and delusion in order to find out about the boys. Jun worked in a gay bar, raped by a parton he murders and mutilates the patron in a brutal manner. Shiro has demons from his childhood and seemed to be a gangster, he raped the new prison wards wife- causing her to suicide. Shiro also brutally bashed a man to death. They came to prison on the same day- Jun and Shiro have a restrained chemistry. Shiro protects Jun, but they never have sex or even kiss. Jun flashes to his past. When he was young he had to become a man by choking and fighting the tattooed warrior. He often hallucinates that Shiro has the same tattoo. Jun also sees the ghost of the wards wife and fights with imaginary gangsters. All the people in the prison are abnormal and none of their stories add up. There are also lots of symbolic visions and objects in the film. Its up to the detective (Dad from visitor Q) to figure it out.

Review:

Let me start buy saying this: most people will not understand this film. This is an art film, there are a lot of concepts and craziness in it. The three-tiered rainbow, the butterfly,the heaven and space- all have meanings but are not explained. This is not everyone's cup of tea, its a very deep yet vague film. There's no action between our leads- just a super restrained love that can never be. If you like strange films and can read into things and can survive past the first ten minutes- then watch it. If you don't like arty films don't bother.

Rating:

:):):)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kjyc

• glitterfa

• Nessaa

• danzricca

It's alright to post here right? o.o Since most of your review threads doesn't have replies, I have no idea why, I hope it's ok to reply here. Because. I need to. Tell someone who'd understand how much this movie hurts me (and my brain). I'm hoping for a thread in which people speculates as to what in the name of the world is going on with the movie.

Indeed, I actually attempted it one time before, and I couldn't watch it. It was terribly slow, at first for me. I would just say that if you were in the mood for some yaoi moments, probably don't watch this. When you are in the mood to be screwed, in different ways, during a long afternoon, then go ahead. Watch this and have my blessing. Just fyi, I attempted to watch it on a second time, and that's when I completely finished it.

There were parts I didn't understand, and I decided to finally just ignore them, and take the movie as it is. The tension, the chemistry between Kazuki and Jun was intense, and the love between them was displayed subtly, not in a way you know most yaoi stories to be. It was just different, but you can tell how much they do treasure each other. And damn. Just damn it.

After watching some minutes into it, I really wanted to know so badly why would Jun murder Kazuki... And in the end, I just ended up feeling hurt, because screw you Miike. Screw you.

I don't even know why I'm so hurt about this.

RJ9lEs3.jpg

Btw, actually, the thing about Jun's past with the tattooed warrior, I had the impression that in order for Jun to become a man, that man would you know... shoot his essence of manhood *cough* down his throat, lol. Y-yeah. I went to translate a certain word the old man was saying, because I got suspicious, and basically it meant just that >_<.>

I do have a few parts which felt a bit off though... Like why did Jun follow that customer back to a hotel in the first place? And he was raped, right? But his clothes were fully on, with blood on them. So he put his clothes on fully, and then went to kill the dude? Even if it was just his pants... @_@ I don't get it anymore. What do you think?

And by the way, that ghost was creepy. I was expecting crazy, not horror. D= I was watching it alone T_T

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
No im so glad you replied! This is the right place! Thank you! Lol yep i didnt think anyone else actually watched this film. The first time i watched it i had no bloody idea what was happening.

The bit about the warrior yeah i think ur on to something there..my memory is shitty but im pretty sure ur right it has something to do with choking and penis lol..that part of the film was super slow i almost stopped watching at that point..

The dude that kills him didnt want to murder him..he just wanted to fight him cos he thought he slept with his prison bitch. Shiro wants to die he is obsessed with the thought of dying id say its due to his guilt thus the whole freakish ghost thing...he makes the crazy guy kill him because he loves Jun too much to make him be the one to feel the same guilt..

As for that scene in where Juns still wearing clothes im not sure that makes sense..but ive heard that after some people go throught something horrific like rape they do something really normal like put their clothes on or clean themselves- because their in shock and want something that feels normal...i dunno or maybe the guy just attempted to rape him and Jun went ape..we could be a lil lost in translation there...

Hope that helps lol and ofc this is only my opinion so feel free to disagree and pls do comment on whichever reviews you want :D

There are apparently at least a few people who do watch it I think, just that I don't really see anyone commenting on it. Yup, I know that guy didn't mean to do it, and it was Kazuki...

Regarding Jun, you could be right. Perhaps he just wasn't thinking properly, hmmm....

Lol, I will see which reviews I'll comment on later on ok? :)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
he he ur cute :D

and sorry to you and others that read the reviews im on temporary hiatus from some personal things :(

ill start cracking the whip soon!

• 9 months later...

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who didn't understand all this film ^^

It was difficult to see this movie in one shot because it was very slow and I didn't understand everything about the story and the subtitle. But I see it all because I wanted to know why John killed Shiro, what happened between them.

But I thing it was interesting. I wonder if Jun kill this man because of his tattoo and the memory of his childhood with the tattooed warrior.

I'm not sure but jun is dead at the end ?

(Sorry if my english is not very good. You can correct me if you want ^^)

• 7 months later...

Even though I still didn't understand the most part of the movie (and tbh I slept half-way through it and had to rewind XD), I just guessed that Jun killed Shiro because he wanted to relieve Shiro's pain.

Jun knew how unbearable for Shiro to keep on living. It's like Shiro wants to be freed and goes to space.. (I think it means he wants to die, perhaps) ??

And I think both of them want to protect each other.

Somehow, in someone's crazy mind, to protect each other is also to fulfill what the other wants, in this case : to die.

So... perhaps because Jun's slight 'mental' and he loves Shiro to the point he will fulfill what Shiro wants

I could see Jun's pain in his eyes, especially when he chocked Shiro to death.

And it's unlikely for Jun to kill himself afterwards.

Do you all remember when Shiro said he wanted to go to space, and Jun wanted to go to Heaven, and at the end Jun decided that he also wanted to go to space with Shiro. Together.

"Can't we two go (to space) together?"

It was so sad to watch this movie.

I mean like...I was hoping that they would meet outside the prison. They help each other, protect each other...

BUT THEN... the director wouldn't be Takashi Miike. XD

Anyway... it's really hard to watch and understand this movie.

I want to sleep now XD

- - - Updated - - -